In August 2017 Hybrid Systems Australia (HSA) successfully completed the design, installation and integration of the Meekatharra Solar Power Station, positioned in the remote Western Australian town of Meekatharra, located roughly 750 km from Perth.
The project was completed in two stages:
Stage 1 of the project was completed in February 2017 and consisted of the installation of a Schneider 1.2 MW PV Inverter Container, 10 PV Arrays including 6 fixed solar Arrays, 3 seasonal tracking solar Arrays and 1 daily tracking Array, totaling 109 kW of installed Solar PV Capacity.
Stage 2 of the project was completed in August 2017 and consisted of the installation of a further 345.6 kW of installed Solar PV Capacity, bringing the total installed capacity to 454.68 kW.
There are a number of reasons for completing the project in two stages, these include:
- The ability to gather real data and directly compare fixed, Seasonal Tracking and Daily Tracking to understand which mounting type produces the highest yield;
- To establish a ‘real life’ cost for installing fixed, Seasonal Tracking and Daily Tracking systems;
- To confirm product quality of suppliers;
- Improve and refine methods of project installation to create installation efficiencies for future projects;
- Directly compare different types of panel manufacturers in the same environment; and
- To become more competitive when bidding on future projects by the use of accurate, proven installation cost data.